Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sons of Anorky - Rubbaleg


Quite a departure today from my recent subjects. With a gaming weekend for Cheetor's birthday imminent, we're going to give the Brewhouse Bash a go. Cheetor (Paul) has already posted his inexplicably attractive Patrick Swayzork, (Click it, it's really worth a look) and there are other rather excellent brawlers in the works. For anyone who hasn't played it, the Brewhouse bash is an old game that came with White Dwarf #223. A pretty random affair that looks like quite a laugh, and a call to paint up an ork brawler is hard to resist.


Rubbaleg is the first ork I have painted in close to thirty years, and I enjoyed painting him a great deal. I used mostly Caucasian flesh tones and then some green glazes rather than using green from the word go. Adding the pool ball and snapped cue gave me a laugh too. Several friends profess a great love for painting greenskins, and I can see why. The large caricatured faces are wonderful to paint.

I've always wondered why orks lend themselves to being themed so well. There's very little that you can't get a chuckle out of orkifying, so humour is probably the key. I have some plans for a band of greenstealers myself, but that's down the road a ways.

So, here's hoping Rubbaleg knocks a few teef out at the weekend. There will be a game report next week!


7 comments:

  1. Rubbaleg looks the biz. He also looks like he speaks like Klunk from Stop the Pigeon. Y'know like "Anyone fancy a puh-puh-PUH-PUH-VRMMM-VRRMMM-VRRMMMM-puh-puh-puh pint?"

    If nothing else the on-the-piss photos of Rubbaleg and co should look pretty comical. Its going to be a laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. reckon it will be quite da larf, I recommend we go in half-loaded ourselves.

      Delete
    2. And in costume. I have my cream cleats pressed, but I will be spending all day Friday in Peter Marks to get in character.

      Delete
  2. There may be some surgical issues with my costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great model Dave & as always a great paint job, as for the bash it sounds like a great way to spend a birthday lol

    ReplyDelete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...