Friday, August 25, 2017

Khorne Warband - Bloodletter


It's been about thirty years since I last painted a bloodletter. In fact, THIS bloodletter. He was sent back to the realm of chaos when the shelf he was on collapsed decades ago. Eventually the sad remnants were stripped and sent back to storage. Now though, he rises once more to garner skulls anew. Gorewhelp joins the warband.

I wanted to add a little variation to the red skin on this guy. After using the effect on a couple of models previously, I blended his hands and feet to purple. I used the same effect on the slaughterpriest's claw, and I think I'll use it on any mutations or wiggly bits for the rest of the models in the force. I blackened the horns to draw the eye back from the purple hand and feet to the face. After messing about with the verdigris on the sword I eventually settled on the bronzey green to set it off against the red skin. The claws got a coat of gloss as I'd used this on my Yaoguai and liked it.


With this daemon done I have another four models left to finish the starting warband. (The statue at the back is a possessed statue of Khorne, a walking shrine if you will and will act as a Bloodsecrator) Getting there!

10 comments:

  1. Looking good!

    I'm pleased to see you moving further into saturated colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Cheetor. It's not a conscious decision, it's just kind of moving that way.

      Delete
  2. Never been a fan of the Bloodletter aesthetic but you certainly made this fella pop.

    LOVE the rest of the warband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riot. This particular model's range is a bit marmite, folks either love or hate it. I find them super creepy and evil looking. The twisted anatomy just sits well with my idea of Khorne's footsoldiers. I do like the latest plastic bloodletters too I must say.

      Delete
  3. Never seen that particular Bloodletter model, before my time! And kudos again for the HeroQuest gargoyle in there, that's a unique and inspiring warband for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benvolio, he is a venerable bloodletter, he harks back to the Realm of Chaos days. With the gargoyle, I liked the idea of a walking shrine able to take part in battle, it seems very Khornate to me, and suits the role of Bloodsecrator. Plus I had him painted already.

      Delete
  4. Great Daemon. How are you finding the idea of painting, cos it's skimish, what would normally be a rank-and-file as an individual?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curis. To be honest I don't tend to approach rank and file that much differently than characters. This might explain my output. This warband does have the potential to expand though, so our gangly friend here may indeed end up as part of a unit in the future. I quite like the idea of converting bloodletter heroes out of these old lads.

      Delete

Wayland Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...